There are a few ways to add your services into Ignition:
Add services one by one via your Services library
Uploading your services in bulk using the Service Import Template CSV file.
This article will provide an overview of how to do this in bulk via the CSV.
Import your service in bulk
1. Navigate to Library → Services on the left hand side menu and click Import.
2. A pop up will appear. From here, click Download the service import template to download a CSV file of the import template.
3. Open the CSV file using a spreadsheet editor of your choice.
4. The top row contains the CSV's headers which tells you what details should be entered in each column.
The second line contains sample service information for your reference. You can delete this row once you've entered your service details.
5. Fill out all the following fields as necessary:
Price Type (fixed, minimum, range, unit, included)
Billing Mode (automatic/manual)
Unit Name (if unit is selected)
Min Price (if minimum or range is selected)
Max Price (if range is selected)
Currently, here are the supported Price Types when importing services in bulk:
fixed = an exact amount
minimum = set the lowest possible price
range = set the highest and lowest possible price
unit = a specific amount per unit
included = no charge
Remember to set the Min Price if you're using the Minimum price type, as well as Max Price if you're using the Range price type.
If you're using the Unit price type, you'll need to include the Unit Name field as well. Select from day, hour, employee, transaction, entity, person, bill, item, or you can create your own).
Please note that if you intend to use this service in the Classic Proposal Editor, the unit rate will always show as Hourly.
6. Leave the Service ID (#ID) field blank. Once you upload your services, they'll be assigned an ID. This is useful for bulk editing services using the export function down the track.
7. Once you're done filling out the CSV, save the file and drag it to the import window.
8. The importer will let you know how many services will be imported from the CSV. The importer will also show if there are any errors found in your CSV. If all's good to go, click on Import Services.
Updating existing services in bulk
If you have an existing service list already created and wish to update them in bulk, here are the steps below.
1. Head to Library → Services on the left-hand side menu and click on Export.
2. This will generate a CSV file that will be sent to your email, which can take a few minutes to arrive. When you receive it, download the file and open it.
3. It's important to note that the Service ID field is already populated within the file.
Please ensure you do not delete this!
In the CSV file, make all the changes that you like and remember to save the file after you are done.
4. Import the CSV file by clicking on Import and dragging the file in to upload it.
5. You are done! You can now refresh your browser and all of the changes will be made to your services in bulk.
Need to edit, remove, or duplicate imported services? Here's a link for some essential functions in-app that will help you manage your services.
If you are having trouble with importing or editing your services, start a conversation with us by using the widget in the bottom-right corner of this page, or email us at email@example.com!